Helen's birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's BLOG official!

I think the news has made its way around the family and to most of our friends (thanks to facebook, word travels fast!) but just in case you haven't heard... We're PREGNANT! :)

Baby Soheili is on the way - we'll be 11 weeks along this week, with a due date for now of March 3rd, 2011. Feels so far away, yet I also can't believe how far along we are.

I'm sure in the coming weeks, time will start FLYING by. Since we were waiting to announce the news in person during my trip to Houston this past weekend, each day before then seemed to crawl by (I guess I was really looking forward to being able to tell my family/friends - especially my brothers, or should I say new UNCLES!)

In addition to celebrating the news with family... we also celebrated my sweet friend Amy's little bun in the oven: Preston Davis. I hosted a baby shower with seven other fabulous women, including my mom (which was so fun). Everything turned out just perfect and beautiful! Mom-to-be had such a glow about her and it was so nice to spend time with such a great group of women.



Amy and my friend Kim (also a hostess & decorative genius behind the shower) both posted pictures/re-cap on their blogs so I'm going to link to theirs for more pictures:


So far I'm feeling really good (I've been lucky to only get sick a handful of times so far) though my bed time sure has changed! :) I'm usually such a night owl but lately can't stay up past 9:30. I'm hoping the books are right and I get my usual energy back in the 2nd trimester. I'm sure Sie would love to get back to our normal routine (for now) of hanging out/watching our favorite shows/doing projects around the house, rather than staring at me asleep on the couch with Tinkerbell every night! :)

Also, so far no weight gain or sign of a baby bump. Initially I lost a little bit of weight (I think just from general food aversion) but now I'm sitting right at my usual weight. I'm kind of excited to get a little bump but I'm sure 6 months from now I'll be regretting those words!

I know my family is wishing we were closer so we could experience all the pregnancy moments together. The virtual world will have to do for now - so I plan to update with pics and any new news as much as possible.

Happy Monday.

5 comments:

Gus the Great! said...

Kate- I just found your blog on facebook!!! Congrats to you and Sie- I am so very happy for you both! Let's catch up soon! xoxo, take care!

Maryl

cindy gatewood said...

Congratulations to you both!
Such exciting news..

Teresa Lowther Mason said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! CONGRATS!! Yeah!!

SheaKummer said...

Congratulations! It's such a joy. Enjoy your pregnancy too. It's a beautiful time.

Becky said...

Love the new ticker!