So, we had our 12 week appointment this past Friday! Being newbies to this whole process, Sie & I never quite know what to expect. I imagine both of us have that deer-in-the-headlights look as the Dr. runs through different questions/etc.
This week, we had our "nuchal" test (our Dr. opts for this test because it is non-invasive and they saw such good results when used on older women, they've made it standard across the board). So not knowing what to expect, Sie and I go in to have our ultra-sound. A sweet assistant starts in and immediately starts laughing, saying - "Wow, we have an active baby. Don't worry - that's a good thing, we like active babies!"
Not quite understanding what we were seeing on screen at first, she walked us through what parts were what and showed us, yes, in fact - our baby was doing flips and pushing off the sides of my stomach! Baby Soheili wouldn't sit still. :) Of course I can't feel any of his/her movements just yet, but it was absolutely thrilling for us both. All weekend we marveled at the thought of him/her just deciding to do somersaults in there!
So another nice Dr. comes in to see if she can have better luck, also smiling at our active baby. Finally, baby gets tired and while sleeping, she takes some fantastic shots of "2 hands and 2 feet", as well as some face and "tush" shots.
Baby Soheili @ 12 weeks - 2 hands and 2 feet:
She starts giggling too, and says- "look at your baby just lounging in there" - yes, Baby Soheili had his/her hands behind his head just chilling out! We couldn't believe it- that's exactly how Sie sleeps naturally!
Pic of baby "lounging" (you can see his/her head and belly) with hands behind head
Of course while our baby was entertaining us, they are trying to get a very specific measurement so baby needs to be in just the right place and in a profile view; once our baby was asleep, he/she was out cold and not cooperating! She kept asking me to cough or roll on my side, but baby was sound asleep. Sie & I both got a real kick out of this. Finally she was able to get some good measurements, and everything checked out just perfect. (I will get the results of the blood work later this week as well).
The Drs were so nice and patient; we were so grateful to have them walk us through each shot and explain what we were seeing. We walked away from the appointment in utter amazement. It was like catching a little glimpse into what our baby could one day be like. :) Bouncing off the walls and then crash tired?! A little pistol who won't cooperate? haha, bring it on Baby Soheili! I can already tell, I like you just the way you are. :)
This week, we cross the mark into Week 13 which will mean we're officially in our 2nd trimester!! I have a great day by day "Due Date Calculator" (I'm a nerd- it helps me to see it on a timeline like this) which shows approximately how far along and the baby's progress each week. I also love the "week by week" calendar on Parents.com which talks about both your baby and body's development week by week. I've been trying to send all the grandparents a snapshot of what's going on in the world of Baby Soheili each week (when I remember).
I am getting some energy back (I'm officially staying awake past 10!) and am still feeling very good. I'm also getting my appetite back. I haven't really gained weight just yet (maybe a pound so far), but I do have a little tummy pooch action going now. :)
In September, I think Sie's mom (Mary, aka "grandma") will be making a trip up and my grandma Joyce and my mom are coming in October, as well as my cousin Emily for a conference. I just can't wait to have them all up during this time.
We're also hoping to make a trip to New York at the end of September for Sie's big birthday: he turns the big 3-0 this year!!
That's all for now - just wanted to post a little update!



6 comments:
I love that baby Soheili is so active!! Put that kid in gymnastics or dance class. ;)
I just could not be happier for you two. I can't wait to meet the little nugget!!
XOXOXO.
~ Aunt Katie
aww - love Aunt Katie :)
I love the hands behind the head action HA! So excited for you guys...such a miracle to see and watch grow huh?!
Oh, I love it! Ifs that a girl, she may be a dancer (do I see Adamson's in the future?) Or if hes a boy, then maybe a runner, definite sports player? Ha! Glad to hear baby Soheili is so active and healthy!
So exciting!!! Baby Soheili has definitely inherited momma's mad rollerblading and dance skills :), and I can't wait to teach him/her the Irish jig. Glad you're feeling more energetic these days! Love ya much!
Bonnie
so exciting Kate!
Post a Comment