Helen's birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 9, 2010

its a new year after all

It's the new year and I've decided to wash my hands of this blog anxiety and start back up again! :) I kept feeling like I'd need to catch up and post pics, so I put it off- which is crazy because blogging's supposed to be cathartic!

So my new years resolutions include: getting in the best shape of my life (always?) and blogging more. I get potential ideas all the time when I'm out and about, so in an effort to help make the latter resolution a reality, I've started keeping a list of blog ideas in my i-phone (oh that handy i-phone). I've got some potentials a-brewing already (winter fashion best of: DC edition!)!

but for my first blog in 2010, I'm going totally random!

The object of my affection this month is hands down = the new anthropologie catalog (and everything inside it). It arrived this week like a gift from the fashion gods and I am now coveting all things anthropologie. Their clothes (this month especially) are feminine and timeless with a parisian feel...

Some of my favorite items:

Snow-Covered Fields Dress



so cute with this lil blazer :)

Schoolboy Blazer



The entire "50's collection" is to die for... of course, i favor all the outfits with fabulous "JACKETS!" I don't know if i've mentioned via blog, but most of my friends and family know of my severe jacket addiction. I blame it on the bust- a good jacket's not just a nice-to-have, but a necessity when you're busty.



So my good friend Amanda has taken to comparing me to Suze Orman (who has a similar love of "JACKETS" ---> gotta see the SNL skit!!)

There are too many things to list--> i love all the accessories, flirty dresses, cute jackets, and luxurious purses.

one trend i HAVE to mention- owls. for the love of gaudy gold tchotchkes (& i mean that in a loving way), its never been more in fashion to be a chi-omega ;) My Johnston cousins are all pi-phis (and super fashionable) and there is ALWAYS so much cute angel & wing jewelry out there (for the pi-phi girls!)... but we all got to talking at Thanksgiving and agreed: all of a sudden- the market is flooded with tons of OWL stuff. go chi-o :)

enjoy it now b/c it's a trend that surely won't last long. I have a vintage jewelry box Sie bought me (his first present to me!) that is very 60's black enamel with an owl on top... I'm thinking that may be about the last time owls were "In".

owls:

ring @ anthro

Cute owl knob (also at anthro)



cute lil 80's owl tee (forever 21- which by the way has more OWL paraphernalia than i could have imagined- some HIDEOUS, hah)



tooooons of stuff at urban, including this cute owl bank- I'm thinking my god-daughters need this one! (chi-o's in training thanks to Court!!)



lastly - wanted to Thank Santa. She CLEARLY did her homework regarding my love of anthropologie :) what can i say- she knows her stuff. :)




No comments: