Anyway - I won't make this long- just wanted to share a few pics because I think her nursery turned out pretty darn cute. ;) I was inspired first by all things "bright and sunny" because her due date was May 24th and I liked the idea for a summer baby. I also wanted to stray from the typical pinks only because I had SO much in Helen's nursery, I kinda felt like I could be a bit more adventurous and play with some bolder ideas. Lastly, her room is how you say TINY. haha. so I knew we could probably pull off some brighter colors simply because it was a tiny space and would manage to look "cute" regardless.
I ended up falling in love with this "DIY" coral, aqua and yellow nursery online. I mean, completely in love.
Inspiration Nursery
Unfortunately this chick literally made everything in the nursery herself (what are the odds?) and needless to say - I'm not quite that crafty. Thinking I was out of luck, I took the idea to Amy at Lottie Da Baby who said she could do it and was great to work with. She did a beautiful job. Since the picture above did not have a bumper and I wanted one, we scoured the internet and found a lovely Cynthia Walker fabric in a yellow floral that perfectly matched.
We're really happy with the finished product and hope she loves it (her sister does!)
Clara's crib with custom Lottie Da Bedding
Thought the pom poms were a fun pop of color and the ruffle window valence plays off the ruffle bedskirt.
"You must not be afraid to DREAM a little bigger my dear"... LOVE this sign given by my sweet friends Kelly and Tanya. I "liked" it on a facebook page online and they ran out and purchased as a shower gift. Pretty cool ladies. and now Clara will have forever - I can see using in a shared game room down the road as well because I like the motto for all members of this house!
The lighting's not so good on this one but Clara's dresser with yellow polka dot changing pad cover also made by Lottie Da. The mirror is from Ikea and Sie painted with a cool marigold color he found.
Shelf from Helen's room complete with a beautiful print my mom found on etsy "You shall see wonders" - Shakespeare and Clara's initials. The dress on the left is what Clara wore home from the hospital.
Another view. I have about 10,000 from this angle. I must like it haha. :)
I had to include one pic of her closet. Since Helen didn't have ANY closet in our old house, the fact that she does, however tiny is AMAZING. and you can see we're fully utilizing EVERY inch of it. Baskets for onesies, pjs and pants, blankets, then toys at the bottom.
The whole nursery (kinda helps you understand the size- you can get it all in one shot!) ;)


2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL....what color are the walls?
Karly, it's "robins nest" by Benjamin Moore. I was a little hesitant that it may be "too blue" but love how the color turned out. Pinterest was super helpful bc I found lots of example pictures of colors in nurseries, etc.
Post a Comment