Helen's birthday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Nursery Progress: Part 1

It's still very much a "work in progress" - but we accomplished a LOT this past weekend in Helen's nursery. and by WE, I do mean mostly Sie. He probably did about 95% of the hard work while I "managed" (in his words)... haha! So before I go into all the pictures and plans, I have to say how grateful I am for having a seriously handy husband! He is a work-horse, and seriously gets the job done, but he also impresses me with lots of neat storage ideas/etc, he's very creative. I'm so proud of how involved he is in everything too- Helen is one lucky girl :)

drum roll... :) (the pics are a little darker because I took them this morning when it was still dark outside, but light enough for the flash not to go off!)


Nursery pic 1, from the entrance to the room.

& some notes about what's missing + our brainstorm ideas:

- we've ordered a pretty pink rug (pictured below) which I think will give the room a great pop of color when you first walk in
- her bedding isnt on yet in this pic (I was washing her sheets!) so will update with more pics once that is on as well (b/c its my favorite part!)
- her changing pad cover isnt on, which is also pink
- on the wall right next to the changing table, we'd like to put some vintage feeling pink frames with some cool prints we found at a DC market (like the ones pictured below)



we just ordered this rug (to place in front of the crib)


frame idea

frames like these


placed in a row, beside the changing table so you can see when you enter the room, like these below (on the left)


Pretty much everything on this side is going away out of the nursery- its kind of our holding place for right now (her infant carrier in the box/old side table/etc!!)

except of course, the beautiful painting from my cousin Whitney! (which we're going to have framed so it will be a little larger on that wall)
This will also be where the glider chair goes, at an angle from the corner to the room towards the crib. We are buying a used one & refinishing and re-upholstering in a fabric we like. The picture below is our "vision" haha - should be another fun project!

We also think we'll have room for a small side table, or possibly a side ledge to hold a lamp


glider chair inspiration (i'm picturing maybe a real pale pink fabric?)


view of changing table, which has a pretty plush pink changing pad cover (not on yet)

Sie installed the shelves to the left, to which we'll add cute accessories, and books/etc. You can see we've got her monitor set up and ready to go! (and have already played with it of course... we're trying to figure out how we can spy on Buddy during the day with it!)

view to the opposite side of the crib


with her going home outfit and of course her own "Buddy" stuffed dog :) We'll probably add to what's on top, but we were going with what we had on hand for now!

My mom is coming in January and we're going to shop for all the cute little finishing touches for the room!


view of the opposite side of the room (the room has double doors because it was originally a den- but we're going to keep this one closed, because it gave us a lot more space not to have to work around TWO doors that opened!)

This dresser was made by Sie's great grandfather (we did an "aged" finish about a year ago as another Soheili project), and has all her sweet little clothes and shoes. All the items on top are probably going to go (they were what we had on top before when it was a den)- we need to get some cute pink frames/etc!


so that's the start of her room! :) We really don't have too much left to do, just the finishing touches from here on out!

working on the nursery makes both of us so excited for her to get here!

I just can't believe it's happening so soon. I hope she looks back at her first room some day and knows how much we love her and how we can't wait for her to get here.

She's made us so happy!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I love every bit of it...and I'm crying....

Katie said...

Oh, Kate and Sie. It's absolutely incredible! So beautiful. What a wonderful vision you have for Ms. Helen's room. And I ADORE the idea of the vintage/antique pink frames. Just might copy that from you one day.

Helen is most definitely a lucky lady!!

Katie said...

Adore this room! Great job! My favorite touch is the flowers on the wall behind the crib. Subtle yet gorgeous :)

Kim said...

Oh my goddness its absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Looks like a room fit for a princess! What a lucky little girl!

Paige said...

LOVE it Kate! Agree with Kim, fit for a princess! Beautiful...

cindy gatewood said...

SO very pretty!
=)

Ashlee said...

i love your blog! helen's nursery is just beautiful. you've done a wonderful job! i can't wait to see that pretty baby. :)