baby GIRL!!!
ok, so I have a feeling everyone I know is aware of that by now, ha! Since my mom and I were anxiously texting everyone in the world we knew after we found out on Friday Sie & I are indeed having a sweet baby girl.
We were lucky enough to have my mom & grandma Joyce in town for our anatomy & gender revealing Dr's appointment. We met at our house and I made breakfast and coffee before our 10:00 am appointment. I of course could hardly sleep that night so I was up and at 'em pretty early. We decided to all write down what we thought it would be... we ALL wrote down boy for some reason but none of us was pulling for one or the other, just healthy!
The main goal of the appointment of course is really to review the anatomy and make sure everything looks ok. As our Dr. went through each detailed check of the heart, brain, umbilical cord, placenta, kidneys, etc etc etc... tears rolled down my cheeks as he said all looked perfectly healthy and normal. As our doctor said, this was the one time in life its good to be "average." I've never felt more grateful or humbled to learn that our baby is indeed healthy and growing just as she should. God is so good.
Sie held my hand and we had a moment of shared gratitude for our healthy blessing. At one point our dr. checked for the gender but couldn't quite get a good view at that moment so said "I have a feeling I know what it is but I'm not 100% sure yet so I'll move on and come back to this." I immediately said "I know what you think it is, you think its a girl!" But he kept a completely straight face so I wasn't sure.
He continued doing his checks and then came back to the check for gender. He got a really good shot and said- ok, I'm ready to tell you 100%. Sie was filming (for his parents) so our Dr started to type "It's A.." on the screen. Then he jokingly said "hmm, the B & the G are so close together on the keyboard." haha! Enough all ready - tell us man! and we watched anxiously as he typed "GIRL" on the screen!!
We were all so so SO happy! Of course I saw my mom's eyes light up- I have a feeling GiGi's mind went right to bows, barbies and pink!! :) The next hour was spent sending texts and emails with the happy news.
So in less 4 and a 1/2 months, we'll introduce our baby girl: Helen Olivia Soheili.
Sweet baby Helen. At the end, our Dr threw in one 3-D pic. It blew our minds. You could see her sweet little face, with hands on either side. (oh and the seemingly giant umbilical cord!)
We are already enamored with you, Helen!!
I have to end by saying how grateful I felt for our friends and family who excitedly texted, emailed and facebooked sweet messages and well wishes all weekend. It felt amazing to have such love & support.
Hope I haven't sapped it up too much ;) This is an exciting and emotional time!


1 comment:
That is such exciting news! So happy for healthy
(& pink- ha ha!). LOVE the name..
Congratulations again!
=)
Post a Comment