First, I wanted to take a moment to re-cap our election day. We woke up early- walked to our polling location- just a few blocks away at pretty church on Connecticut.
We were both excited (this was my first time to vote!) & of course anxious to see how the results would fall. We brought coffee, prepared for a very long line, but it really wasnt too bad. The line was long but it moved quickly, the poll workers were very friendly. All in all- it was a great experience and we wore our "I voted" stickers proudly.
I walked to the store & brought home ingredients for home-made Egg Mcmuffins and we took a moment to feel excited, proud, and anxious about just having exercised one of our greatest rights as American citizens in a historic election (and in our nation's capitol!)
In terms of candidates, I realize alot of our friends and family were on the other side of the aisle on this one- but none the less I'm excited for the future & I hope and pray our new President will unite our country and move us forward!
hopefully not to cheesy- but it was a great feeling & a great day! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment